Friday, January 01, 2010

I have a confession...

I love when Addie says words incorrectly. LOVE IT. She has had such a good vocabulary for such a long while that it doesn't happen often, so when it does, I can't help but repeat the word(s) exactly like she says them because I think it's so cute. Yes, I know I should say them the right way so she learns, but hey, she has her WHOLE life to speak correctly, and I'm hanging on to my little girl as long as I can. And seriously, for the most part, she even uses "and I" and "and me" the correct way, so I feel I can let her say a few silly things without fear that she'd be embarrassed if she knew better ;)

My favorites?
"be-cation" for "vacation"
"whistletoe" for "mistletoe"
"reckles" for "freckles" (this is my ULTIMATE favorite!)
"lose" for "use" and "lellow" for "yellow" (even though she can say her 'y' sounds)
"Darbie" for "Barbie" (she doesn't have any dolls, but does have a cup with Barbie on it)
*"Old MacDonald's" for "McDonald's" (not that she's ever been there, it's just...er...um... :))
*"cheesebarger" for "cheeseburger"
*She also sometimes says "bees" instead of "be" - like "I'll bees ___ and you can bees _____." (I don't use that one back, but I do think it's adorable :))

I know, child educators everywhere are cringing...ha ha!

3 comments:

SpeasHill said...

Love the "whistletoe" especially. Nice mental image. :)

Unknown said...

It's cute now. Just make sure her vocab is good when she's in school. When I was a youth pastor I constantly cringed at the poor spelling, grammar, and even reading levels of some of my youth. The worst was one kid who kept asking "how much people" would be at certain events!

Marian said...

That's so cute! Adie says "Old McDonald's" too!

And we've never been there, either. Only BeBe takes her when we're not around... :)