Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Did we really just celebrate Addie's fourth and Landon's first Christmas? SERIOUSLY?!

We had a blast. We started off the week by having dinner with my family on Saturday night. On Sunday afternoon, we went to Nana and Papa's for a "dessert drop-in" - soooo yummy and fun! Then they watched the kiddos while we went to a wine tasting hosted by Lynn and Leslie. It was such a cute idea! Each couple brought two identical bottles of wine. One was put in the "reserve," and the other was covered and marked with a letter. Lynn had made scorecards where each wine would be rated 1 through 10, and everyone went to tasting. All the points were tallied, and then the person who brought the highest scored wine went home with all the reserve bottles! Genius! Okay, I had never been to a wine tasting, so I thought that was just about the coolest thing ever. I still thought it was cool even though our wine didn't win. Ha!

Fast forward to Christmas Eve - annual Logan's lunch! We have officially outgrown a booth with four adults and two high chairs (yes, Addie still prefers a high chair when we go out to eat, and I admittedly love that she's "contained"). I'm trying to remember how this tradition got started, and I can't! I guess that's when you know you've truly got a tradition...

That evening, Mimi and PawPaw and Nana and Papa came over. Addie was bouncing off the walls, and Landon was pretty cute, too, of course, even though he's still been having some tummy problems and hasn't quite been 100%. The kiddos got Christmas books and new Christmas jammies (SO CUTE!) and the grownups got new Addie (and Landon, starting in March) calendars for 2010! THANKS, NANA!!! I think I speak for all of us when I say this is our favorite Christmas gift :)

Addie was super-excited for Santa to visit, but surprisingly went to bed without any trouble! We slept in a little bit (7:00) on Christmas Day, and were so excited to get Addie out of bed! She came downstairs and seemed a little confused, but then she announced, "It's a baby carriage!" That is the one gift she had asked for over and over. Precious.

We continued the day by going up to Nana and Papa's, then Gran and Pop's, then down to Mimi and PawPaw's before settling back home. It was a long day, but one of the best days ever. It's definitely the best Christmas I've ever had! Seeing Addie's face light up was just so exciting. Of course Christmas isn't about the gifts, but watching my little girl being so innocent and happy was just priceless. In fact, it actually was a constant reminder of the true meaning of the day!


Addie "helping" open Landon's first ornament


I promise I was not about to drop Landon, even if it looks like it.



Addie going through her stocking


"Seriously? For me?"




"Christmas can't be over already!!!"



2 comments:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Merry Christmas! I can't believe how big Landon is getting! Next time I'm in town, let's please have a playdate!!

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

That wine tasting, with the "reserve collection" and all, sounds like a great idea! Wine and cheese are my guilty pleasures! Hope we can get together soon in the new year!