Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Two months!

I seriously cannot believe it has been two months since Landon was born. I suspect that you can expect that sentence every month :) Time flies way too quickly. Landon had his 2-month visit today, and here are his stats:

The chunky monkey weighs 12 pounds, 14 ounces and is 23.5 inches long! WHEW! 75th percentile for both. I knew he was getting big, but I had no idea! Over FIVE pounds gained in two months. At two months old, he:

*eats about every 3 hours, for 15-20 minutes per side
*wears 0-3 month and 3-month clothes
*wears a size 1 diaper, but they're getting snug-as-a-bug
*has awesome head control and does pretty well with tummy time (but fusses)
*still not sleeping through the night, but sleeps 5-6 hours. The past two nights, I've fed him around 9:30ish and he's made it til 4:15. Progress!
*is on a loose 3-hour Babywise schedule. I say "loose" due to the beast's appetite!
*does regular two-month baby stuff - not much more to say :)

He got his shots today and is sleepy and a little fussy when he's awake (which hasn't been much). We're about to have dose #2 of Tylenol, so hopefully that will help out!

I can't believe how much I love this little boy. I have been really freaking out the past couple of weeks because there was a large knot behind his ear. I thought it might be a lymph node, but wasn't sure, and was also concerned about its swelling, because what did that mean his body was fighting? The cold has been gone! Dr. Hood took a look and confirmed that it is a lymph node and that it is swollen due to his cradle cap! Phew! Bizarre. Lynn said it best when she told me that a second baby is just another Achilles heel. I feel the vulnerability that I've felt since the day Addie was born, times two. Oh, but also the love, so I guess that makes up for it :)

(Addie also had her 3-year visit, but I'll save that post for when she's officially 3 on Sunday!)

2 comments:

Angelle said...

It's so funny, I remember you commenting a while ago on my blog about being nervous about loving another child. Was I right or what? :)

Lynn R said...

Congratulations on such beautiful kids! I'm so glad I finally got to meet Land. Next time, when there aren' damicoritas involved, I'm holding him the entire time. (that sounds kinda bad, like the margaritas were more important, but u know what i mean!)