Wednesday, May 06, 2009

As a matter of fact...

I AM going to pretend like I did not NOT blog for about three weeks and catch up with lots of posts, all in one day. So there!

I think it was two (or three? I don't remember!) weeks ago that Lynn called me and said, "Hey! Top Chef is doing a tour stop here tomorrow!" To which I replied, "How fun!" Of course, I have to admit that I was thinking it'd be fun for HER, since I'd never seen the show. :) But when she asked me to go, I said, "Sure! Sounds like fun!" (I didn't confess to her until we were there that I have never seen one single episode of Top Chef.)

They held it in the parking lot of the Belcourt Theatre in Green Hills. Although we weren't on "the list," apparently there were some no-shows so we got seats - second row! We had a blast! We took Landon with us and he was pretty good. It hit right at his feeding time, so I had made sure to bring a bottle. He fussed a tiny bit, and one of the chefs, Ryan (a.k.a. "HOTTIE"!) offered him a crostini. The other chef, Antonia, said that she thought he was a bit young, but Ryan brought it to me nonetheless. Hilarious.




"Laid back..."



Ryan made a fava bean spread on crostini that was FANTASTIC! The recipe is supposed to be on the website but it's not there yet :(

No comments: