Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Smile Award :)

I have been awarded the Smile Award from Angelle!

What does this great honor mean? Recipients of the Smile Award must:
~ display a cheerful attitude.
~You must show love to others.
~You must make mistakes.
~You must learn from others.
~You must be a positive contributor to blogging.
~You must love life.
~You must love kids.

Angelle said about me, "Kristen is a new(ish) friend that I have met in real life, but got to know much better over the internet. I have a feeling that if we lived closer, we would be pretty good friends. She just had a new baby, so let’s all congratulate her on the arrival of Landon Matthews Corn!"

Once you accept the Award you are then required to follow these simple rules:
Here are the rules for the Smile Award:
~You must link back to the award creator. (We still can’t figure out what the name is–the text is so small!)
~You must post the rules if you are a recipient.
~You must choose 5 people to pass the award to.
~You must fit the characteristics of the award.
~You must post the characteristics of the recipient of the award.
~You must create a post sharing your win with others.
~You must thank the giver of the award…

So it is with great pleasure that I present the Smile Award to:

* Marian at Past the Point of Delirium. Marian and I have become great friends over the past couple of years, and have had so much "fun" in class, dealing with our pregnancies and school woes together! She just had her second child, Eamon Grey Northridge Norris, on March 2. I'm not quite sure I'd have made it through this school year without her, to say the least.

* Emily at On Awesome Avenue. I met Emily through Lynn and am so glad I did! Emily is a wonderful friend and is actually the first person who got me interested in blogging! :)

* Amber at The Flenniken Family. Amber and I became friends in college and have gotten re-connected since we've both become mommies! She is such a great mommy and it's obvious when seeing how intelligent and well behaved her beautiful boys are!

* Fran at Jackson and Jacob. Frances and I met during Recruitment our first year at UT! We were in the same Rho Chi group because our maiden names were right next to each other. We got back in touch through our blogs! She has super handsome twin boys. I think the phrase "super mommy" is used quite often by people talking about Fran :)

* Cindy at Baby Claire. I found Cindy's blog through my friend Emily's and we've chatted ever since! She has a gorgeous baby girl who makes me smile whenever I see her pictures and videos.


Of course, all my friends are worthy of the Smile Award but I settled on 5 like the rules say :)

1 comment:

Frances Vineyard said...

How sweet are you! That was 9 years ago...we are getting old! :)