Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Fun" week :)

We really did have (overall) a great week last week! We kicked it off with a visit from Uncle Nate on Sunday. Oh, how happy Addie was to see him!!! Not only does she just love him to pieces anyway, but she found out that he's a sucker and would push her on the swing for as long as she wanted :) It was so sweet to see how attached she is to him. She even asked him to take her to the potty - huge! I'm sure he loved that :)

Landon and I went back to the lactation consultant on Monday and found that he had gained four ounces since the Friday before. Hooray! It made me feel so much better and a lot calmer knowing he was starting to eat well and get back on the track to get back to his birth weight. That put him at 7 pounds, 6.9 ounces.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Mimi came to play with Landon and me. We had such a good time! I had to giggle at how different it was from when she came to help me with Addie. I was having such a hard time adjusting to mommy-hood with her and my mom was my saving grace. I told my mom that this time was just like we had taken 3 days off to chat with one another. We had so much fun! Landon enjoyed being spoiled rotten by Mimi. I had to put a limit on her holding him for fear that we'd never be able to put him down again - ha ha ha! Thanks, Mommy. :) And thanks to Lynn & Quinn for bringing us lunch on Wednesday too!

We also had some more special visitors on Wednesday when my good friend from college, Amber, came to visit with her sweet boys, Jacks & Wil. Amber brought us dinner, too! We were so thankful. It was so nice to catch up and it was the first time I had met Wil! Those are two of the cutest boys ever. Addie was unfortunately not in a playing mood, but I am sure that we will have more successful playtimes with them in the future :)

Friday was Landon's two-week checkup and my little monster had gained 9 ounces since Monday! He was 7 pounds, 15 ounces! The goal was for him to be up to his birth weight and he had far surpassed it. Awesome! I was so excited. Afterwards, we went to Mellow Mushroom with Lynn & the boys and Leslie. It was sooo nice to get out of the house. It was also fun to see my sweet boss & coworker as they walked around the corner to come take a peek at Landon!

The only not-so-good things (besides the obvious lack of sleep & sheer exhaustion :)) are that Addie woke up early Saturday morning with a 102 fever. We spent the morning at the doctor's office where we tried to get a urine sample (she had been holding her private parts and saying her "tee-tee hurt") without success. They ended up having to place a catheter which was of course traumatic for everyone. We never did determine the cause of her fever. I guess it was just some virus or something but am still kind of concerned as Addie is like me and not especially prone to running a fever.

Addie also seems to be struggling with the fact that I am someone else's mommy in addition to hers. At least, that's what I am hoping it is. She wants nothing to do with me in the mornings and tells me to go away. This is heartbreaking to me as she has always been such a mommy's girl. I have had plenty of tearful mornings because of this! I am hoping this phase passes quickly because I'm not sure how much more I can handle :) I have been trying to make sure that she and I get plenty of one-on-one time, so hopefully that will help. Please keep us (me!) in your thoughts & prayers as I deal with this. Thankfully, she still seems VERY much in love with Landon and has not acted out towards him at all. We're still trying to teach her to be quiet when he's sleeping (by that, I mean not banging on the piano) and to be gentle when she touches him. Overall, she is being a GREAT big sister. Now if she'd just give her poor mama a break, all would be well :)

ANYWAY - let's be honest - you're here for the pictures, right? Here goes!


Addie comparing her feet to Landon's "little tiny feet"




I'm not feeling this tummy time, Mama!



Hehe :)


Me, Landon, Addie, Jacks, Amber and Wil


Mimi and her boy!



My sweet babies!



Landon, starting to look a little more like Landon and a little less like Addie, Part II :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the photo of you and Amber and all of your beautiful babes! It makes me smile to see your family grow.

BDGreene said...

Oh I love him!! And Addie is cuter by the day!! I love the feet pictures... so sweet! I miss you lots. Let's get together soon! You look great by the way! I'm impressed and still can't believe you're now a mommy of 2! :)