Friday, September 21, 2007

It was bound to happen...

Addie is officially a "Daddy's Girl" now. For the past week or so, she has wanted DADDY. Not Mommy, but Daddy. I guess I know these things go in phases. And I really can't complain - for the past 16+ months, it's been ME she's wanted (and really, no one else could even compare). But the times, they have a-changed. She cries when he leaves the room. She cries when I take her from him. She pushes me away from him when I give him a hug! (Yes, seriously!!) Daddy is #1! And I think it's adorable!!!!


(Okay, did I have you fooled for even a second? It's killing me! Hehehe. Ready for a "phase" change again... :))


Ha ha - but honestly, on the bright side, this has coincided with Addie and me having a stomach bug. So it was nice that she wasn't super-attached to me when I was feeling my worst earlier this week, and then again when she came down with it today (since JM was the one to pick her up from school). Phew! Anyway, keep us in your thoughts and prayers as our tummies heal and get back to 100%. Also, pray that JM doesn't come down with it next! Oh, and also pray that I reclaim my #1 status (no, not seriously ;))! HA!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Tucker's gone through/going through a bit of that "Daddy's Best" thing. I totally get you!

kmac said...

UTI's and stomach bugs! A sister can't get a break can she?! Love you and hope you recovery soon.

SECR said...

You have NOT fooled me! LOL Jake and I were bitten by the bug last week as well...Yuck! Luckily, Andy stayed healthy and took care of us both...sending healthy (and MOMMY:) vibes your way...