Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! It has been nice and relaxing, but we've gotten a lot done. We started out Thursday by heading up to Gran & Pop's house in Millersville. It sure was good to see everyone, and most everyone was there. Addie officially sat at the kiddie table instead of in my lap or John Michael's. I think it surprised everyone that she's gotten that big! :)

Afterwards, we stopped off at Mimi & Pawpaw's to swipe some of their leftovers (hehe) and visit with them and Cici. Addie was quite full of herself and she and PawPaw had fun reading Curious George. She gets so into her books - it is so funny! She loves to ask PawPaw, "What's George doing on this page?"

Friday morning, we started looking online to see if there were any Black Friday deals we couldn't do without :) We weren't overly moved, but did decide to look into getting a new tv since we've been talking about it ever since flat screens came out. We've always talked ourselves out of it, but thought we'd go hit the Circuit City in our house (which is closing, so everything is on sale) to see what we could find. We finally gave in! We're super excited. It will be installed tomorrow!!! I'm looking forward to getting our huge tv cabinet out of the living room and hopefully feeling a little less claustrophobic (since we know the toys aren't going anywhere anytime soon ;)). So that was our Christmas present (and birthdays/anniversary/etc. for the next few years - ha!) to each other.

We started decorating for Christmas yesterday and I'm SO EXCITED! It just makes me so happy. Decorating did turn into about 2 hours of yard work yesterday, because we realized we needed to trim our bushes to even make it worthwhile to put lights up outside. I have to preface this by saying that I do NOT do much yard work. Generally speaking, the inside is mine, the outside is JM's ("decorating"-wise, that is). But I got out there and cut down and pulled dead flowers for the afternoon and decided that that is my new job each year. It was quite therapeutic! Plus, our beds look SO much better! I wonder if we'll get a reverse-nasty-gram from our homeowner's association, since they're so quick to point out when something looks bad. Maybe they'll compliment us?! HA HA HA!

Anyway, I think today we're going to get some more decorations and also head to Home Depot to pick out swatches for Baby Boy's room. HOORAY!

Oh - one last thing. And I'll probably jinx us for putting this in "print," but I'm pretty sure Addie is nearly potty trained. She's been in panties with no accidents for a little over a week now. HOWEVER - we're still having issues with poopies. It seems like she's holding it until we sit with her and have to coax her into not being afraid to go in the potty. ANY SUGGESTIONS?????



Hehe.
(I know, we're mean)


Ready for Turkey Day!


Seriously, guys, LET'S GO!


Rare opportunity that she'll be still enough to have her picture taken with me.


Kiddie table!


Goodbye hug and kiss for Cousin Emme
(Emme calls all her dolls Addie - CUTE!)


"What's George doing on this page, Paw Paw?"



And this is the bedding we bought for the baby (gotta LOVE Target clearance!!!!!!):





2 comments:

Sonya said...

SERIOUSLY you guys, can your child be ANY cuter?! :-) Love the new bedding, too!

Marian said...

Aw, I'm glad to hear that you guys had a good Thanksgiving! I love the pictures - very cute!

And I'm so jealous that you get to put up lights outside. My house is so old that we don't have any outside plugins! Ugh!

See you tomorrow night...