Monday, November 24, 2008

Catch-up

So it's been a couple of weeks, and we're getting so excited for the holidays already. We've been busy and been having lots of fun (and also I've been studying a lot for a midterm, which wasn't so fun...). We celebrated Addie turning 2 1/2 a few weeks ago by having Lynn, Kris & Holland over for dinner and a half-cake. I can't believe that TWO AND A HALF years have passed since our sweet baby came into our lives. She is just the light of our lives and our little stinker. She is saying and doing the funniest things. She is also very caring and generous (only at meal times - not with her toys :)). I love having conversations with her and am amazed at how much she is comprehending!

Last weekend, we enjoyed a day with Nana and Papa and also got to see Uncle Nate! Nana & Papa travelled to China for two weeks and we sure did miss them. Addie enjoyed catching up with them for sure! And of course, seeing Uncle Camera-Head is always fun. We can't wait to see him (and Aunt Rissa!) again soon at Christmas.


This past weekend, we had a fun visit from my friend Marci on Friday! It was so good to catch up, even if it was a short visit. Addie had fun playing with her new microphone and JM and I got to add another friend to our "We Can't Wait Til You Have Kids and We Get to Pay You Back With All the Noisemaking Toys In the World" list. Hehehe...

On Saturday, we celebrated the upcoming arrival of Baby Quinn (Holland's baby brother) by having a "sprinkle" for Lynn. The theme was "stock the freezer" and I think we all had a great time! Lynn & Kris will hopefully not have to worry too much about meals once the new baby is here. Plus, it is always fun to get together with good friends - which we carried over into Saturday night by having our good friends over for JM's ribs! Mmmm...


Another fun thing is that yesterday, John Michael and I celebrated our TWELFTH anniversary. Yep, we have been together for twelve years! I can't believe that the cute boy who sat in front of me in European History turned into the love of my life! I am SO very blessed to have him as my husband and best friend, and have realized that even more lately. I find it so hard to comprehend that I have someone being so supportive of me as a wife and mom, always encouraging me and keeping me calm when I think things are getting to be too much for me. I sure can't imagine making it through school without his support and that of our families. I've had a few very emotional times this year so far (let's blame it on the hormones, shall we? :)) and he always knows exactly the right thing to say. I won't even get started about how great of a father he is. We'll save that one for Father's Day in June. :) ANYWAY, I'm getting teary writing this (again, hormones) so I'll just sum it up by saying that I LOVE YOU, John Michael.



Picture time!

It may not have been the most beautiful, but it sure was YUMMY!


Mommy, Addie & two-and-a-half candles!


First try with her new Chinese outfit - maybe not so much!


Helping Papa feed the birds


Serious business, this bird feeding...


A little better. We'll keep trying :)


(Not the best of Addie, but it was cute of Marci :))

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Finally, I was having blog withdrawls ;-) Too cute, as always - and LOVE the pink boots with the pjs :-) Super ideas with the "sprinkle" and the cake...I may have to tuck those away in my mind!

Unknown said...

My favorite picture of Addie is the one where she is carrying the tin can. Just look at that cherubic expression on her face! Those golden tendrils kills me...Love you K and JM!