Thursday, October 30, 2008

Birthday weekend fun!

My birthday was last Friday and I had such a great weekend. John Michael woke me up by giving me my present - a new camera! WOOHOO! I have been wanting one small enough to fit in my purse (although our other digital is a point-and-shoot, it's 4 years old and fairly bulky) so that I would always have it with me. It is an awesome camera - a Canon Elph. It has face recognition (not exactly sure if someone would ever not be able to figure out where the faces were on their friends/family, but I digress) and most importantly - IMAGE STABILIZATION! This is super important because I have a tendency to move the camera a lot while I am taking pictures. My photographer friends get on to me all the time - oops! So hopefully this will help that.

ANYWAY - Friday was a great day! I had a good day at work and then Friday evening we went to PF Chang's with some awesome friends (Lynn, Kris & Holland; Leslie & Skye; and Lynn and Matt). I'm not quite sure what it is about that place, but I can't get enough! It didn't disappoint - it was as good as ever :) And Lynn made the most gorgeous cake for me, too. YUM!

Saturday, we had plans to go to Franklin's Pumpkinfest and then to the pumpkin farm, but JM wasn't feeling the best so we ended up taking it easy and staying in until going to my parents' house for dinner, which was...AMAZING. My dad smoked a brisket for us and my mom made my favorite potato salad and what may have been the best chocolate cake ever. Seriously, ever. Mmmm...I've been munching on it all week!

Sunday was great, too - we ended up heading to the pumpkin farm for a quick trip in the afternoon, but had to leave early because Addie has a cold and was getting wheezy. I guess it was the combination of the running around and the dust in the barn. Nonetheless, we had a blast! And the weather was perfect. I was glad we got to go because it was the last day of the season that it was open! Where has the fall gone?! I can't believe it's November this weekend.

Addie is doing much better after her cold and is looking forward to being a kitty cat for Halloween tomorrow! Pics to come of that :)

The baby boy is doing great, too, and is quite the night owl. I'll go practically all day without feeling him move and then the afternoon and evening are spent with him doing what I can only assume is training for a marathon (much like his big sister :)). I am 21 weeks along now, and on one hand, it has flown, but on the other hand, I'm ready for him to be here NOW! I am craving interesting things this go-around: the biggest one is Greek salad...how odd. The citrus cravings are back again too. I'm excited it's almost grapefruit season - ha! :)

Anyway - that's about it for the past few days! I'm sure I'll have more fun news after Halloween tomorrow. I have taken the day off work and Addie and I have quite the agenda! I'm excited :)



The cake Lynn made for me. Yes, I'm serious.



SORORITY POSE!
(Lynn will love that caption ;))


Our little family!
(I really haven't gotten quite as big as I look in this picture, honest...)


I loooved this picture because of the way Holland is looking at Addie :)


Mommy and Addie at Gentry's Farm - hooray for pumpkins!
(I copied this pose from Lynn & Holland :))



Checking on the goats!



Addie is serious about her sliding...



Carving fun time!


"What are you doing, Daddy?"


3 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy birthday! That is an awesome-looking cake!

We went to Pumpkinfest on Saturday and it was a mad house. But we went to Bottom View Farm on Sunday afternoon and had a good time. I still want to try Gentry next year.

I got a new camera last week also -- a Canon A590. Gotta love that image stabilizer!

Marian said...

Very cute pics! I asked Jason the other day how long it's been since we got a pumpkin for Halloween. We both agreed that it as pre-law school. Sad. I'm glad you guys got one, though!

I can't wait to see pics of Addie in her costume. I took some of Adie - then left my camera bag at my mom's house! Maybe later this weekend...

Happy Halloween!

Frances Vineyard said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween!