Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy October!

October has been fun for us so far! It's my favorite month of the year (for selfish reasons...Happy Birthday to me, coming up ;)) and this year has been no exception. Although we've been sad that John Michael has been out of town what seems like every week (at least for a few days each week for the past month and a half...), we've been having fun! We got to meet up with my college best friend and her new husband for breakfast a few weeks ago, we found out we're having a BOY (AAAH!), and Addie just keeps getting cuter every day. OH - another exciting thing! I tried my first case ever today! It went okay. We won, but I definitely had the assistance of my boss (which, granted, is the whole point of the Supreme Court rule under which I'm certified to try cases, etc. - so that law students get to learn!). I'm hoping the things I did wrong are things that I'll be able to learn to do right and not just "you're born with it or you're not" type things :)

Anyway - Addie's vocabulary keeps amazing me every day. It is so much fun to have conversations with her and I just crack up at some of the things she says! Part of me has a really hard time correcting her if she says something really wrong, because it's just so stinking cute! I have even found myself copying the way she says things because, seriously, I know it won't be long that she'll say these funny things. My favorite things she says:

*Every morning, she'll say, "Who's taking me at school today?" (She hardly ever uses the word "to" but always says she wants to go "at" certain places)

*She opens the viewfinder on the camera and every time will say, "Oh! It's so cute!"

*The first thing she says when she comes downstairs (if JM gets her ready) is "You cook my biscuit yet, Mommy?"

*Whenever she draws any kind of scribbles, she'll proudly announce, "I write my name!"

*She's really into matching, so each morning I have to point out a way my outfit matches whatever I want her to wear (color, stripes, length of pants, etc.). Then once she's dressed, she'll say, "WE MATCH!"

*Note - I began writing this on Tuesday night and had tons more stuff but Blogger messed up and I lost everything. Now I can't remember! AAAAHHH!


In other fun news, the baby boy is moving all the time now which is fun! We're still deciding on names but have narrowed it down a little bit. We may or may not keep the name a secret - I'll let you know ;)


Now time for pictures!


Picking pumpkins (and gourds!) at Nana & Papa's





Painting the loot :)


Quite the artiste - she likes to wear the paint to get in the mode...




Mommy and Addie comparing bellies :)



1 comment:

Sonya said...

OH MY GOODNESS! What a cute picture of the bellies! Definitely an idea I will keep in mind for shoots ;-)