Friday, September 26, 2008

Teehee...

Addie was telling me about her day at school today and she told me that she painted. The conversation went like this:

Me: "What did you do at school today, baby?"

Addie: "I painted!"

Me: "You painted? That's fun!"

Addie: "Yeah, with paintbrush on the table."

Me: "Your paintbrush was on the table?"

Addie: "Uh oh! Now paintbrush on the floor."

[Me laughing]
Me: "What colors did you paint with?"

Addie: "Ummm...blue and red."

[I'm thinking, I have seen my kiddo paint and there is no way her colors stayed separate - what a great opportunity to talk about colors!]
Me: "Oh! Blue and red! That's great! Did you see that blue and red make purple when they mix?"

Addie: "Purple? No, Mommy. I said I just paint with blue and red. Not purple."


She may as well have said, "DUH, MOM!" I'm just thankful I didn't get an eye-roll...hopefully I can put that off for a few more years at least! :)

1 comment:

Marian said...

Ha, that's so cute! We've coined a new term around our house - it's called Adie-tude. She gives it out freely these days. She definitely has a little um, personality. :)

Thanks for the link to the neb mask. The ped's office was out of all the "fun" ones, so we ended up with the plain ol' plastic. She's kind of gotten used to it, though. Or at least she doesn't scream through the entire thing anymore.