Monday, September 22, 2008

Just us girls!

John Michael had to go out of town last week (from Sunday to Sunday), so Addie and I flew solo. It was a little exhausting, to say the least! Not to mention that we really missed Daddy :) We were definitely ready for him to come home. But from the sound of his week, not half as ready as he was to be home!

On the bright side, we had a great week and Addie was so good for me and was not fussy in the mornings at all! That was a huge plus as I've still been having weakness in the morning a little. I also had an exciting day on Thursday when my mom and I got to go to the Eagles concert. It was AMAZING! I might have to explain that I have loved the Eagles since I was a little girl. We listened to their tapes every year on our drive to the beach. I seriously can't get over how awesome they were live. I'm so glad we got to go (although JM was sad he missed it!). A huge THANK YOU to Lynn & Kris who kept Addie so I could still go to the concert after a change in plans when JM got called out of town. We appreciate it so very much and love you guys! Addie & Holland had a good time. I have to get the pics from Kris, but at bed time, Lynn and Kris decided to try putting the kiddos in bed together (since Addie has been having trouble sleeping anywhere but her crib lately and we were all worried that she would still be up whenever I got back from the concert!) and it worked like a charm! Addie snuggled right up to Holland and they were both sleeping soundly when I went to pick her up 3 hours later. TOO CUTE!


Addie and I also had a great weekend. We had a good visit from Aunt Katie (although it was way too short) and Addie was crazy about her (and about the Mrs. Potato Head and cute clothes she brought)! We went to the mall and I realized I had forgotten the stroller, so we had to rent one of the huge ones from the mall. Addie was so excited about it! As Katie said, it was the best $5 investment ever. I agree, since Katie pushed her around the whole time :)
The only downfall of the weekend was the HORRIBLE UT game. So so bad. Better luck next season, I'm afraid! Oh well...we still love our Vols!

Addie in the Princess Stroller - it had a functioning horn and she was a maniac with it! HA!



Katie and me, taken at 1am (so disregard my crooked hair!)


A cute bath pic, because it's been a while :)

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Not rubbing anything in, but seriously, I thought the UF-UT game would have been a bit closer :-( Did I tell you, Sophie received a Gator cheerleading outfit from my parents? It's a 2T so it will be a season or two before she wears it ;-)