Friday, March 14, 2008

Our week

We have had a great week here, overall! We had lots of fun celebrating Aunt Lynn's birthday on Wednesday. It was a gorgeous day and I decided that birthday fun time was more important than class time, so I skipped and got to celebrate with everyone! I'm so glad I did. We had a blast! Happy Birthday, Lynn! We love you!

Addie had a playdate with Lynn, Kris and Holland on Thursday and they had a fun day. I went to visit at lunch time and my sweet girl didn't want me to leave. So, being quick-witted (or so I thought ;)) I told Addie that if she was a good girl for Aunt Lynn and went down for a nap, then she could have ice cream when she woke up. Score one for Mommy, right? Maybe not :) Lynn said she went down without any fussing, but then when she woke up a few hours later, the first words out of her mouth were "ice cream!" (Well, I'm guessing they were really Ice Cee :)) Kris got some super cute shots of it. You can see them here.

So the only downside to our week was a pretty big one. Today, we had to have our sweet kitty, Cleo, put to sleep. You've probably seen her pictures on here. We got Cleo a few months after we got married as a 5-week-old kitten. She was diagnosed with kidney failure in November, and up until earlier this week, did very well with daily fluid treatments. Unfortunately, we noticed this week that she was very thin and was bleeding from her mouth, so we took her in to be checked. She was down to 3.4 pounds (she weighed 10 pounds last summer) and the vet said it was time. We got to bring her home last night to spend one last evening with her but today we had to let her go. We are doing okay, but are sad to be missing a "member" of our family. Isn't it crazy how attached we become to our pets? I know all you pet owners understand. I hope we don't ever have to go through this again (although I know we will, because we will ALWAYS have pets! :)).

Anyway, we're looking forward to a great, relaxing weekend and are hoping to recover from our lost hour from Daylight Savings Time. Or maybe that's just me :) Who knew an hour would make such a difference?!

I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures this weekend, too!

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh you guys, I'm so sorry about Cleo :-( And you're so right, our pets are little furry family members! Loved the shots of Addie - too cute!

Leslie McCaskey said...

cute pictures!

lmreed said...

Oh! I'm sorry about Cleo. I remember when I had to put our schnauzer to sleep. I remember that day like yesterday. I can't imagine when that day comes with the Zef-Man. But anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm sending "good vibes" to help cheer you up and get you through the tough stuff.

Marian said...

Aw, I'm sorry about your kitty. That's terrible. Our German Shepherd had a liver shunt a couple of years ago. It was the worst experience I've ever been through with a pet. :(

I'm glad you found my blog, though! I added you to my blogs list on the side. You can add me, too! (I'm mostly leary of McMinnvillians - and I hope you don't know any! :D).