Saturday, November 17, 2007

Happy One-and-a-half!

Okay, so I'm a week late, but last Saturday Addie turned EIGHTEEN MONTHS old! Can you believe it?! Obviously, I can't. :-) Anyway, being the huge birthday person that I am, we decided to celebrate Addie's half-birthday! We had Lynn, Kris, Holland, Leslie & Skye over to watch the UT/Arkansas game, and celebrated with a half-cake! The funny thing was to see Addie & Holland using forks to eat their cake instead of just digging in with their hands like they did six months ago.

Time has just flown. I can't believe it was a year and a half ago that Addie was born. And I know I say it at each stage, but this is truly the cutest stage that she has been in. She is talking SO much and loves to "chat" on the phone and also loves to sing to herself in the morning before we come get her out of her crib. She is becoming more shy (shier?) but she's also warming up to people more quickly than she used to (if that makes sense). She loves to read books and uses them to postpone bedtime whenever possible. She is just TOO precious! We are getting so excited about celebrating the holidays with her!

Addie's 18-month checkup is this Friday, so I'll post her stats after that. But I'm pretty sure she's had a decent growth spurt since her last appointment. She's now in all 18-month clothes (as opposed to most of her 6-9 month clothes still fitting her at her 15-month checkup), and today we went shoe shopping and she is now wearing a 4 1/2 (still little, but JM & I both have little feet) - and the last pair of shoes we bought her were size 3 (oops!). I'm excited to see how much she has grown!


The half-cake!
(Thanks for the help, Lynn! Love ya!)



"My nap was way too short!"
(Look at that cute cheerleader outfit!)


"Mmmm...cake..."
(Still half asleep - Holland was more animated, but I'm a bad photographer and the pics I took of him are blurry. Probably because he was more animated. Hehe.)

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Happy "Half", Addie! She is so precious :-) Miss you guys! Love, Sonya