Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A new tooth and pinkeye

Well, I figured it was time for an update since it has almost been 3 weeks! I'm embarrassed :( Things have been going great! Addie's personality is really developing more and more every day. She is moving EVERYWHERE and has even tried to take a few steps (usually from a table/chair to me). She doesn't make it that far :) But she's trying, and that's what matters!

Starting last week, Addie decided she didn't want to eat very much. We let it go on for a couple of days, thinking she was just more interested in playing. Well, after it had been 3 days, I called the pediatrician and they suggested that it was probably her getting a new tooth. Sure enough, she was working on her fifth - the one to the left of her top teeth. It seemed just miserable for her! It has really taken its toll - she hasn't been herself at all. Luckily, it broke through Sunday and she already seems to feel about 250% better :) And her new tooth is cute!!

Also this weekend, John Michael went out of town on a camping trip with some of his guy friends. We missed him a lot, but we had so much fun having girl time! We spent some time with Mimi and PawPaw, and stopped by to visit Gramma and Grampa for a little while too. We also had dinner with Aunt Lynn, Uncle Kris, and Holland! Addie and Holland are interacting SO MUCH. They have such a blast together. They had baby races on Friday night :) The funniest thing was when they would realize (a.k.a. think) that no grown-ups were around - they would just laugh hysterically at each other! They are so cute and are finally playing together more than just trying to eat each other and pull hair and scratch eyes :) Lynn took a little movie of them "racing" - I'll try to get her to post it on YouTube and I'll put the link up.

Also this weekend, something icky happened. Pinkeye. But not for Addie, for ME!!! Who knew?! I kind of thought it was something only kids can get - apparently not! So far, Addie and John Michael are pinkeye-free. I am being VERY careful around them and washing my hands an insane amount. Hopefully it'll stay away from them. I can't imagine Addie going through this - it has not been fun for me so far...

Okey doke - time for some pictures! Disregard the laundry on the table. It's clean and just waiting to be folded, if that makes it any better :) Welcome to my life... ;)


"Hmm...which cracker should I eat?"

"I looove my apple juice!"


Addie after her first temper tantrum (I took the sippy cup away - I gave it back only after we had a discussion and she agreed to never throw a temper tantrum again ;) - wishful thinking, right?!)!


"I am such a big girl! I don't even need the sippy part - it's just a little messier without it, is all :)"
(I think we all know that it's a LOT messier - ha ha!)


We got this little horsey riding toy from John Michael's aunt. Addie loves it, and she can really get around well on it!
(By the way - how cute is she in that outfit?! Gotta love Target!!!)


And she always finds her way back to the wagon :)

1 comment:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

So sorry to hear about the painful tooth and pink eye! Hope you guys are doing better now...I love the first picture of her on the horse. SO CUTE! She really is getting big!