Friday, May 21, 2010

vonGooden Wedding

Last weekend, I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in the wedding of one of my favorite people - my friend Katie! Katie and I became friends in college when we were in the same sorority. Although we were very close during college, I think it's safe to say we've become even better in the years since. I could try to explain how much she means to me, but we'd be here all evening. Suffice it to say, she is one of my biggest cheerleaders, but in addition to her giving me support and helping me maintain my sanity (I know, that's a relative term ;)) through law school - mostly via email - I have to also say that she did all this while she was getting two Master's degrees and oh, you know, graduating from MEDICAL SCHOOL. Minor details. Hehe. Anyway, Katie and Chris are one of the most perfectly matched couples that we know and we could not be happier for them. We are thrilled that they will soon be moving to Birmingham for Katie's residency. HOORAY! That knocks around 3 hours off of the distance between us. So fun.

Anyway, the wedding weekend was an absolute blast. We headed out to Chattanooga on Thursday morning and got to meet my sweet friend Amber and her husband for a late lunch (it is ALWAYS good to spend time with you :)). Then we checked into the hotel and JM took a little nap until time to go to Katie's parents' house for her uncle's cajun cookout. Oh. My. Goodness. Talk about some amazing food. And the company was even better! We got to know some of the groomsmen (I already knew the bridesmaids well due to our Vegas trip - which I failed to post about. It was AMAZING.) and had a wonderful time. Friday morning, Katie and the bridesmaids got manicures and pedicures, compliments of the "Phyllises," two of Katie's mom's friends who are both named Phyllis. They also provided us with mimosas, fruit, cheese petit fours - it was awesome. The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were wonderful, too, of course!

Saturday was the wedding day, and it was perfect (from my perspective, of course, but I think Katie and everyone else would agree!). We got our hair done, pictures, etc., and then it was time for one of the prettiest weddings I have ever been to. It was so "Katie." I don't have many pictures, but it was gorgeous. The colors were black and white with red accents, and we each had different bouquets. So cool. Of course, I cried throughout the whole ceremony, but it was just so sweet. Love those two!

I still feel so honored to have been a part of the weekend. I had SO much fun with the other bridesmaids and the groomsmen, and of course, with Katie and Chris. And it was a nice little getaway for John Michael and me, too (thanks Mimi and PawPaw and Nana and Papa for taking care of the munchkins!)! Congratulations, Chris and Katie!!!


Katie and me

The girls at the rehearsal dinner :)


John Michael and me at the reception! We had a blast!

No comments: