Monday, May 10, 2010

Four!

My sweet Addie: Happy Birthday, sweet pea! I cannot believe you are four years old. It really does seem like just yesterday that you were born. Funny enough, today's weather was exactly like it was in 2006 - unseasonably cold and rainy, or as you told me this morning, "It's a little bit chilly on my birt-day today!" I will never forget that day four years ago - how excited and terrified I was, but then the second I saw you I was madly in love. And (most :)) every day has been even more fun than the one before it. How has it happened that my sweet, content little baby has turned into a smart, sassy girl?! I love finding out what each day is going to bring and what funny thing you're going to say next. You are so loving and caring towards Landon. I am still amazed at how wonderful you are with him, and even though you're starting to get jealous of him when he gets your toys, you're still quick to try to make him happy whenever you can. You are also so sweet with Daddy and me and with your friends at school - you've even gotten extra stickers for being such a good friend! We are so proud to be your parents.

Sometimes we think your intelligence is going to do us in - you are already trying (often successfully) to outwit us! You are clever and funny and a complete joy to be around. Every day I ask you how your day was, and you say, "Gooood." Then I asked you what you did at school, and without fail you say, "My favorite part was..." You're also the most fun hide-and-seek partner EVER! When you're hiding, you giggle and squeal, and when you're the seeker, you count so fast that there's no way anyone could possibly hide!

You are quite the well rounded girl. You can go from wearing your princess dresses and pretty shoes to playing in the mud without missing a beat. You are dainty when you want to be but can very much hold your own and be tough. You never cease to amaze me!

Addie Leigh, you are the light of my life. Although I wish I could make time slow down just a little bit, I am having so much fun and can't wait to see what each day brings. You are my pride and joy and I love you SO MUCH! Happy "Birt-day"!


4 comments:

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

That's so great that she tells you about her day! Especially her "favorite part."

I always talked to my mom about everything going on at school--my mom said she probably knew more personal details about my friends than their own moms did! I hope Kate does the same, and that Addie keeps it up as she gets older!

Happy birt-day, Addie!

Kim said...

Four?? Seriously??? Which makes me realize that I haven't seen you in that long (I think Addie was about 2 months when I saw you last!). We'll have to fix that VERY soon!

Happy Birthday, Addison! You are a very loved little girl!

Katie said...

Dear Addie Leigh,

Thank you for being such a smart and wonderful curly girl! We need more of us out there. I know you are young, but I plan to spend the rest of YOUR life reminding you how lucky you are to have such amazing parents who have helped you be so smart and amazing at such a young age. You are wonderfully blessed. And even when you are a rotten teenager, I will remind you... Because your Mom is the greatest - and she will be your hero just like she is mine. Loves to you, Baby Girl. We are so proud to watch you grow up!

Monika said...

She's beautiful and so are you! Happy 4th Birthday, big girl!