Sunday, May 09, 2010

The PAR-TAY!

So we did it. We finally broke down and had another birthday party for Addie. The last one was her first birthday party (a HUGE joint celebration with Holland). Even though Lynn did most (ahem, close to all) of the work for that one, I think I'm still exhausted from it. HA! Anyway, we decided to have a small party for Addie's classmates and a couple of her other friends at a local JumpZone-type place here in town. It was awesome!! The venue provided EVERYTHING except the cake and kids (and goody bags - yes, I sent kids home with clutter-inducing crap - HA!). We just told them the "theme" (I chose just "pink," not quite ready to enter the realm of character birthday parties) and they set everything up in their party room. Granted, it wasn't exactly how I would've decorated things, but the relaxation factor won me over enough to not care. Anyway, the kids ran around like crazy, jumped in the jumpy things (I'm sure they have a technical name...) and had a BLAST! There were a few tears due to some (okay, one) of the kids being...well...a little rougher than others, but I think overall, it was a success. Addie was the little queen bee. It was hilarious! All of her little girlfriends wanted to do whatever she was doing. I have never really seen her interact with more than one or two of her friends at a time, so it was really cute to see them all playing as a group. Of course, Addie was "number one" because it was her birthday, but it was great to see them all playing so well together. But I definitely have a new respect for her preschool teacher! PHEW! :) Just watching those kids play for two hours was exhausting.

Because the kids were running/jumping like crazy, I had a hard time getting any good pictures. But rest assured, Addie was adorable!








Check out that hair!



Up they go!











No comments: