Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Three-and-a-half

I am also late on this post, but only a week. Look at me go! Slow down, Kristen!

I really can't believe that my baby girl is now closer to four years old than three. I used to roll my eyes at my parents when they would say, "Seems like just yesterday, you were..." and now I know what they're talking about. It really does seem like just yesterday that we were finding out we were expecting our first baby...then that she would be a girl...then welcoming her into the world. And now, here we are with a beautiful, smart, sassy little miss. I don't really know where to begin with my sweet girl. She is so full of herself and is well aware of how stinking cute she is. She is so exhausting with her little attitude, yet I am so completely overwhelmed with love for her and can't get enough of her. She is a little *girl* now and not a little baby, and SO MUCH FUN to be around! Her teachers still brag on how smart she is, and how "overall" she's such a good girl (yes, their words - ha!). She has started getting "sad faces" at school every once in a while, and although I take it seriously and we sit down and discuss why she got her sad faces, I get such a kick out of her explanations! My favorite one was this:

Me: Addie, why did you get a sad face today?
Addie: Because I wasn't listening.
Me: Did you not have your listening ears on?
Addie: No.
Me: Why not?
Addie: Because I didn't like the ones they had at school today. I was looking for some Princess ones.

[She also often tells me that she left her listening ears in the car, her toy bin, in bed, etc. :)]

Addie says the funniest things and is very into pretend play lately. I overheard her bossing around her stuffed animals a few weeks ago and asked her who she was talking to. She said, "Emma." When I started to look concerned (yes, I know imaginary friends are normal, it just surprised me), she said, "Don't worry, mom, I'm just pretending." Hehehe. She also thinks she is hilarious and now likes to fake laughing after she'll say certain things. She cracks herself up.

Along with keeping us in tears from laughter every day, Addie also amazes us with how smart she is! She is getting really good at writing her letters and loves to write "mom" all over everything. She can also write other small words if we help her spell them, but she is great with her name on her own (but has a little trouble with the 'e').

She is still a great big sister. She's really started getting upset with Landon when he gets her toys and has started occasionally wanting to pretend she's a baby. As long as she doesn't start truly regressing, I'm okay with that ;) Addie is also very good with Landon when he's upset. Sometimes all he wants is to be held, and she'll give him a hug or just say "boo!" to him, and both make him giggle immediately. I am so excited to watch how they play together as they get bigger.

There's so much more I could say about my sweet girl, but it'll get way too sappy. She is my pride and joy! Oh, and I'm well aware of how hellacious her teenage years may be ;)



Helping Daddy make dinner - she is such a good helper in the kitchen!


Mess of curls!


Love.




JM was trying to get a movie of Landon standing up on the dollhouse and got this instead - glad she's so concerned ;)





How old??


1 comment:

Mimi said...

This was worth the wait. She is so adorable!