Sunday, November 01, 2009

Happy Halloween!

(Okay, is anyone else just blown away by the fact that we're officially in the holiday season? AAAH!)

We had an exciting Halloween weekend! Thursday night we went to Addie and Landon's school's Trunk or Treat. Addie was so excited to go and wear her costume! That lasted all of two seconds once we got there. It was outside in the parking lot (duh) and I'm not sure if it was the darkness or what, but she wanted to be picked up and held the whole time! So our exciting outing ended up lasting about five minutes. Oh well :)

Friday, JM and I both had Halloween parties at our offices. He took Landon up for his (since their outfits kinda had to go together :)), and then I picked Addie up and we all went to mine that afternoon. Addie had a BLAST trick-or-treating between the departments in City Hall. She was a doll. Landon was a hit, too! Everyone loved his and JM's outfits.

Saturday started off kinda stinky - we went to get our H1N1 vaccines. From the time we got there til the time we left, it took about an hour and a half. Thankfully we had Mimi's help to keep the kids entertained! Landon didn't even flinch when he got his shot, but Addie flipped out! I was surprised because she didn't even whimper for her seasonal flu vaccine. Not so much this time. Poor punkin! We cheered her up by taking her over to see Holland and share some of his Krispy Kremes! Mmmm. Then we walked downtown to Franklin's Pumpkinfest. It was madness, but it was fun!

We then went home and got ready for Mimi and PawPaw to come over to have dinner with us and go trick-or-treating. All was going well until Addie had to take a bath. Oh my goodness - that set off the biggest tantrum she has EVER had. Ever. It lasted almost an hour. There were tears, there was screaming. Whew. She was screaming that she didn't want to be a froggy anymore, she wanted to be a princess! I put it off as long as I could, but finally gave her a little spanking (y'all know that means she was BEYOND BAD for me to do that - not that I'm against spanking, it is just my very last resort with Addie), and she shaped up practically immediately. We sat and talked about why she got her spanking and what mommy and daddy expected of her, and she was her sweet self from that point on. She later came up to me and said, "Mommy, I'm so sorry I had a fit." Hehe. *Sigh.* Little stinker. It was definitely one of those "she's lucky she's so cute" evenings ;)

So, all said and done, Halloween was great. Our little froggy and Stay Puft Marshmallow Man were precious!


The White Rabbit and Froggy Princess, on the way to Pumpkinfest!



Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and a Ghostbuster



Tantrum Princess



Jumping the day after Halloween :)



John Michael taught Addie how to do bunny ears - silly!


p.s. Before you guys think I'm a slacker and am just now getting this up, I really did start it the day after Halloween (like it's dated), but Blogger froze and lost most of the post and I just now got around to being motivated to re-type it. :)

1 comment:

Marian said...

Aw, I just saw this. I love their costumes! Landon is SO cute. I know it's completely cliche, but I want to pinch his cheeks! And Addie is a cutie pie, as always. :) Glad you guys had a good Halloween!