Friday, September 25, 2009

Only a couple weeks late

We went to east TN a few weekends ago for the UT/UCLA game with Nana and Papa and had such a blast! We stayed in a cabin in Wears Valley, right on the border of the National Park. Ahhh...so relaxing. The babies were both so good, and...(drum roll, please)...no one got sick! Sure, I do have to admit that they were both stuffy & coughy (is that a word?), but no puking! This is a first for Addie in the mountains - WOOHOO! She was 3 for 3 before this trip. Score one for us, finally.

Anyway, we arrived late Thursday night and then went hiking Friday. We did a 2-mile hike to and from Laurel Falls. It was gorgeous, and an easy hike (for out-of-shapers like me ;)). JM and his dad each carried a munchkin on his back and both kids seemed to LOVE their rides! I lost count of how many passersby said something to the effect of, "Now THAT's the way to travel!" Awesome. And I also lost track of how many times I responded, "Yeah, I tried to get them to carry me!" I think I'm so funny sometimes.

;)

Again, I digress. Soooo, the hike was great, dinner Friday was awesome (King Crab legs...mmmm...), and Saturday, we went to campus. Although Addie had been to a tailgate before, she had never been to a game. The last one I had been to was when I was pregnant with her! I can't believe I made it so long. Craziness. The tailgate went well, overall. We actually got there a little bit late (we had been checking out the black bear at the cabin!), so we ended up dropping Landon & Addie off with Nana and Papa for a "few" minutes to go to the bookstore to get a hat for Landon. Of course, it was Vol Walk time, so it took us a little longer to get from the Communications Building to the UC than we expected (yes, we now know to go to Stokeley, but we weren't thinking...), so we got back with only a few minutes before the game. It was SO exciting to walk into the stadium with my babies! It may sound cheesy, and I know they probably won't remember it, but I was so super excited to share that with them. What a feeling.

The game ended up being at Landon's feeding time, so he took a bottle and passed out for the whole first half of the game (yes, I really did pump in the car surrounded by about two dozen tailgate parties before the game - awesome :)). Addie started out a little timid with all the noise in Neyland, but then really got into it and was clapping and cheering. It was way too cute. She did great until about two minutes left in the second quarter, so we took our cue and left then. I'm still surprised we got to see (nearly) an entire half of a game with two little ones! We definitely couldn't have done it without the assistance of 1) Nana & Papa; 2) popcorn; and 3) Dippin' Dots. Ha!

It was such an awesome, relaxing weekend and we are so very grateful to Nana and Papa for it. Can't wait to do it again!



On the road (after nap #1)



Addie & Papa shelling beans in the cabin. Addie is a natural!




(actually, this was on the trail right outside the front door of our cabin, before our "big" hike)




Look at that face! AAAH!


Ready to hike!


On the way to campus


Landon was apparently not feeling so photogenic. But 3 outta 4 ain't bad... ;)


I think the Elmo hat was her "security blanket" for the stadium...



YAY!


As a matter of fact, I did airbrush the random girl's cleavage out of this picture. So there!



5 comments:

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! (I confess, I enlarged the photo to see the blurred-out cleavage--that's funny!) Hope to see you all again soon.

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Love the pictures! I can't believe how big Landon is getting!! These kids are growing up too fast!! I also enlarged the picture to see, haha!!! Miss you friend!

Kristen said...

Y'all, it was so bad! I couldn't just leave it in there. You'd see Addie's sweet face, then BOOBS! right next to it. Sigh. I hope my daughter never wears stuff like that in public. :-/

Sonya said...

Love the pictures...so, so cute :-)

Frances Vineyard said...

What a fun trip! I bet the guys were super tired with the load they were carrying. I just can't get over Addie's curls...