Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa, Take Three

This year's Santa visit went a little better than last year's, thank goodness! Of course, I must admit we cheated just a little bit. Santa suggested that I sit in a chair in front of him with Addie on my lap and then they'd zoom in so it looked like she was sitting on his lap. Genius! It was almost like he'd dealt with screaming kids before or something ;) She did great, and even told him she wanted "baby dolls" for Christmas. I was glad to hear she'd at least temporarily gotten away from her obsession with wanting a kitty cat. Hehehe...

No smile, but we'll take it :)
Thanks, Lynn, for the PhotoShop boost! (Addie's bow had fallen down, and you could see my pink sweater - Lynn fixed these things for us - woohoo! Perfect photo!)



Last year's:

And her first visit:

So it looks like we were somewhere in the middle this year - hooray! I can't wait til next year, when Baby Boy and Addie are there together! YAY!

Here's a few pictures of us before & after our Santa visit:

Do the boots make the outfit or what?!? :)


Mommy looking a little rough, but Addie looking like a DOLL BABY!



"I LOVE MY TEDDY BEAR!"

6 comments:

Unknown said...

1) Her 2nd Santa photo is still my all time favorite. Santa's expression + Addie's expression = Pure Angst.

2) The boots TOTALLY make the outfit.

3) You don't look haggard.

4) What would we be without photoshop?

5) Merry Christmas Kristen, JM and Addie!

Unknown said...

Correction :4) Where would be, not what...

Sorry, I'm grammatically anal.

Unknown said...

Jebus all mighty.

Where would WE be...

I went on a long, cold, and wet ride this morning. I think I lost a few brain cells along the road.

Cindy said...

That's a good picture. We took Claire to see Santa last week and it went pretty much like it did with Addie last year, only we didn't get a picture at all because she was wiggling too much (trying to escape Santa's lap). I wish our Santa had let us do the chair trickery.

Marian said...

I LOVE Addie's little Santa outfit! It is SO cute! And you are way braver than me to take her to see Santa. Or maybe Addie is just way braver than Adie. I have a feeling that we'd go into full-on freakout mode if she even got near a old fat guy with a giant beard.

Her pictures are VERY cute - all of them!

Marian said...

And I just thought of something else -

Does everyone keep telling you that you shouldn't be picking Addie up? What is with that? Like I can go 3 more months without picking her up....