Sunday, December 21, 2008

No pics, but...

I had to post a couple of Addie's funny sayings from this week before I forgot...

Daddy: "Great job going potty, Addie! Do you want a marshmallow?"
Addie: "Actually, Daddy, I want a cookie."

(Who knew you could bargain with bribery? And the word "actually" cracks me up every time!)

Yesterday, John Michael was trying to get Addie ready for a nap, so he started moving her stuffed animals to the edges of her (big girl!) bed. She started jumping on the bed and said, "Look Daddy! Everyone's watching me!"

A little drop of milk from the top of the carton got on the countertop, so Addie said, "Oh no, Daddy! You made a big ol' mess!"

John Michael was taking toast out of the oven and ever-safety-conscious Addie said, "Whoa - be careful, Daddy! Those are very hot!"

There's plenty more, most of which are potty-related, but in the interest of hoping my daughter will want to speak to me at SOME point during her teenage years, I'll leave those off the blog. Hehe.

I LOVE HAVING A TODDLER! Tantrums and all. I just can't explain how happy it makes me to have little conversations with her. She is so cute and so smart! I'm so happy she's my baby girl.

1 comment:

Marian said...

Ha! I think the one about everyone watching her is the funniest ever! Adie certainly likes to be the center of attention. I'm wondering how that's going to work out when baby brother gets here...