Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

Two years in a row that we made it past midnight - woohoo! Actually, in our defense, it's been more years in a row than that, but two years as parents :) We had another great New Year's Eve with Lynn, Kris and Holland, and also our friends Leslie & Skye came over, too! Lynn and Leslie helped me break in my new margarita machine (yes, I'm serious) so that was fun. We also had fun playing Catch Phrase and the Wii. You can tell that we party hard!!! ;)

Lynn, Kris & Holland ended up staying the night, so New Year's Day, we ate french toast casserole and baked brie (Paula Deen, will you cater the rest of my life, please?) and watched FOOTBALL! After nearly giving us all heart attacks, the Vols pulled through and won! Each game, I swear that I'm never watching them play again, but of course I keep going back :)

On another note, Addie's new favorite word is "no." I thought we had gotten lucky and missed this stage, but I guess she decided to do it a little late, because we're in it in full force now! I have to admit that it is pretty cute still. I'm sure I'll be saying differently in a few weeks :) It's adorable because she says it when it's appropriate ("Addie, are you ready for bed?" "No!") and also when it isn't ("Addie, where's the cat?" "No!"). She definitely knows what it means, but I think she thinks it's fun, which is more important than anything else, right?

Also, we have scheduled Addie to get a more permanent (2-3 years) set of tubes for her ears and to also have her adenoids removed. Her ENT doctor believes that it is her adenoids that are swelling and causing her eustachian tubes to be blocked, thus constantly keeping fluid in her ears. She will be having the procedures done next Friday, the 11th. Please keep her in your prayers!

Hope everyone had a great New Year's and that your 2008 is GREAT!


Addie and Hops are really becoming good buddies!




She can find this timer anywhere! This time, she found it on Daddy's work bench.



"TOUCHDOWN VOLS!"


4 comments:

Emily said...

She's so cute! Tucker's been doing the 'no' thing fpr a little while now too, it's funny, isn't it? Want a million dollars?...no... cracks me up every time. Love it!
hurray for you staying up past midnight - I fell asleep watching Kathy Griffin on Bravo and am not sure if I made it to midnight or not...

Cindy said...

French toast casserole?! That sounds yummy!

That's funny about her saying no when you ask where's the cat. Oh what I have to look forward to with Claire :-)

Sorry that she has to get her adenoids removed, but hopefully that will help with her ears.

I love the touchdown picture, so cute!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

We'll be praying for you guys...and yes that french toast casserole sounds good, post the recipe! (even though I may not want it tomorrow, today it sounds good!)

lmreed said...

aw! She's so darn cute!