Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Exciting weekend and a note on my little bully

Well, I know I'm a few days late, but we had a great weekend! We started off early with the Predators game on Thursday night! Woohoo! Not only do I love hockey generally, but this game was especially fun because I got to ride the zamboni after the first period! I have always wanted to do this, and I think I mentioned earlier that my sweet boss gave this opportunity to me as a Christmas gift. So cool (both figuratively and literally :))! Our friends Lynn, Kris, Leslie & Skye got to come along, and of course Addie & Holland were there, too - they kept each other preoccupied by exchanging high-fives :)

Friday was a low-key evening at home, which is always fun (and increasingly few and far between), and Saturday was exciting as I got a new cell phone! I got the LG Venus, which is absolutely awesome - it's like Verizon's wannabe of the iPhone. Well, it's actually the smaller version of the Voyager, which is the true iPhone wannabe :) We also went to dinner with the D'Amicos, and even though it went from being a free night out to a not-so-free night out, a good time was still had by all. Well, until Addie ate a crayon and pitched a huge fit. That wasn't embarrassing at all or anything...we were those people leaving with a screaming child. Nice. :)

Sunday was family fun time as we went to Gran & Pop's to celebrate Pop's birthday and also our cousin Katie's birthday, too! Nearly everyone was there and Addie was a charmer!

In other news: Addie was the cause of her first incident report at school last week. Yikes! Her teacher kept trying to give her a bib, and Addie kept pushing it away. So Ms. Dana gave it to another little girl and turned away to finish getting their lunches ready. When she turned back, Addie was pulling at the bib, which was ON the little girl, and she had pulled the little girl OFF OF HER CHAIR and on to the ground!!!! Oh my goodness! I was MORTIFIED when I heard this. The teacher said she had to try very hard not to start cracking up because Addie is (and I quote) "probably the best child in the whole school and she had just lost it!" I'm glad no one was hurt and I'm glad they thought it was funny (I guess?!?). Ugh. She had to sit in time-out for a little while and has thankfully had no more incident reports since then. Hehehehe.

On the bright side, although Addie's tantrums are increasing, it also seems that her ability to be calmed down is, too! I'm [usually] able to ask her "Can you please stop crying?" or "Can you calm down and be a big girl?" and she'll [again, usually] say "Yeahhhh..." and calm down. I am also getting somewhere with asking her if she wants a time-out. I always used to cringe when I heard other parents say that, but hey, if it helps steer her towards listening to us, I guess we'll do what we gotta do...argh.

Now I need advice - Addie is starting to refuse her nap on the weekends. I know she's not outgrowing them, because she'll usually fall asleep if we go for a drive - which I hate to have to do with a 20-month-old. Any hints???

I'll update with pictures tomorrow!

No comments: