Sunday, December 02, 2012

Staying afloat

A few weeks ago, one of my sweet work friends gave me some clothes her little boy had outgrown. There were lots of cute items in the bag, but probably my favorite was this adorable navy blue puffy vest. The first day I brought it home, Landon wore it all around the house and I thought he thought he was super cool. But maybe not.

Later in the week, we were leaving in the morning. It was supposed to be a somewhat warm day, so I hadn't put the kids' coats on them. Of course, as soon as we get to the car, Landon starts freaking out saying he's "chiwwy" and that he needed a jacket. So I suggest to him that he wear the vest, and he completely melted down. I asked him what the problem was, and he said,

"I don't wanna wear a yife pwaserver!"

(That's 'life preserver' for my non-Landon-speaking friends. :))

Hehe. Guess it does kinda make sense...

1 comment:

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

Reminds me of Back to the Future, when they think Marty is in the Navy or something because he wears a puffy vest!

Thanks for coming tonight. It was so good to see you!!