Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween 2010

I mean, at the rate I'm going, we'll be talking about this Christmas around the Fourth of July :)

Anyway - we had a fantastic Halloween weekend! We kicked it off the weekend before by going to Ring Farm in Columbia (yes, this was during my birthday weekend, but I decided to add it to this Halloween post because it made more sense). We had so much fun! It was similar to Gentry's Farm, which we also love, but smaller (and therefore a LOT less crowded). The kids, John Michael, Mimi and I headed over there a little before lunch time and we had a blast.

They had a cotton field (patch?) that the kids thought was so cool. I admit, I did, too! I hadn't seen "real" cotton up close since elementary school and a trip to one of the local farms in Nashville. Fascinating.



The babies also enjoyed the tractor tire tower, but especially loved the long slides! John Michael seemed to have just as much fun :)






We also got our pumpkins that day! We got some really pretty ones. We didn't end up carving them until the day of Halloween, which was probably the best idea - the weather has been so beautiful here (read: HOT for October/November) that they surely would've rotted on our front porch had we carved them too early!


As has been the tradition for the past few years, all of the grandparents came down for dinner. This year was the most fun yet; no tantrums from either baby, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect! Addie decided a few months ago that she was going to be Snow White. We tried to convince her to be something different or unusual, but she was determined. The best part about it is we already had her entire costume. Nice! We had planned to make Landon a costume to be one of the Seven Dwarves, but then life got in the way. JM ended up buying him a monkey costume two days before. He was adorable!



We took them trick-or-treating up and down our street (probably 6 houses or so) and I decided to take Landon and the wagon back home. Of course Addie wanted to keep going, so JM said he'd take her to a few more houses. Almost an HOUR later, they returned, and she had TONS of candy! He said she had wanted to keep going, so they did! Needless to say, she was exhausted by the time her bedtime came around that evening :)






1 comment:

Marian said...

Aw, they are so CUTE! I'm glad you guys had a super fun couple of weekends! I wish we'd been able to see you on your big b-day, but we were knee-deep in Penske and cardboard boxes. :) I still have something for you... maybe I'll get it to you by Christmas? :)