Monday, July 05, 2010

Beach babies

We went to the beach with Mimi and PawPaw a couple of weeks ago and had such a good time! We arrived in St. Augustine on the 19th and stayed til the 26th. The kids did amazingly well on the flight down (Addie watched her DVD player and Landon slept the whole time), and we hit the beach Sunday morning! Addie and Landon LOVED the beach, which made us all so happy. Addie had been afraid of the ocean the past couple of times she had been near it (too loud), so we were thrilled that she wanted to play in the water. Landon was completely fearless. That was a little exhausting, but adorable nonetheless!

We spent most mornings out at the beach and most of our afternoons taking it easy inside while Landon napped. Addie, Mimi and I did go shopping at the outlets one day (um, hello HUGE Carter's sale! I wish we had had extra room in our luggage...) and then we saw my Uncle Buddy and Aunt Bobbi two afternoons - so awesome. We also took Addie and Landon fishing for the first time, and Addie caught a fish on her first cast! She was so excited until she dropped her bunny ring in the ocean and it was allll downhill from there. I ended up pacing with her on the pier until we decided just to cut our losses and head out for ice cream. But let's be honest - ice cream was a better time had by all anyway :)

The best part - and the worst part - was that I got completely spoiled by getting to spend so much time with my sweet family. We had such a good time! The kids were (for the most part :)) absolutely adorable and well behaved, and although Landon started the week with a cold, and JM ended the week with a tummy bug, I'd say we could classify it as a near-perfect vacation.

Here's a few pics to hold you over (missing the camera and only got some of them off the other day...odd, I know...).


Airport play area - GENIUS!


Landon had trouble sleeping our first night there and ended up in our bed. The humor in this photo is that this was a KING bed, and little mister had me pushed all the way to the edge. Ha!













More to come!

5 comments:

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

Super-cute! Can't wait to see more pics!

Monika said...

Sooo cute! Post more more more!

Frances Vineyard said...

The are so cute! :)

Kim said...

Love the pics. The one of you and Landon in bed makes me laugh because I wake up like that every morning... and we have a king bed, too!

Marian said...

Aw, I just saw these! They are so cute! I'm glad you guys had a fun time! Our kids have the same swimsuits and hats! :)

P.S., I guess it's a little late, but I've been meaning to ask if you could use a 4T swimsuit from GapKids. I got it at Opry Mills (right before the flood) and it was too short for Adie (one-piece). Not much else I can do with it... seeing as how the mall is being run by fish now. I'll send it your way if you can use it or know someone who can!