Monday, February 23, 2009

Our little storyteller

On Sunday morning, I woke up to see the lights on the monitor going (we had the volume turned down). I asked John Michael if he would turn up the volume so we could see if Addie was crying or if she was talking and singing. He turned it up and we heard her "reading" to her stuffed animals. It was adorable! The best part was that she was loudly whispering to them and reading "Daisylocks" from her Disney storybook. So we heard her saying, "Here's the really big chair; here's the medium-sized chair; and here's the weeeeee little chair." Next, we heard her very proudly say,

"And then I pee-peed!"

John Michael and I looked at each other and I said, "Did she just say she pee-peed?" And we started laughing and decided to go check things out. Sure enough, she had had her first bed wetting accident. But at least she wasn't traumatized by it and wanted to share the news with her friends! I guess!?!? :)

4 comments:

Marian said...

HA! That's so funny! And I love the gardening pics. Too cute!

Sonya said...

And to think, you've got another cutie coming along in just days :-) I know Landon will be just as adorable! Too cute...

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Too funny! I love to hear Jacks talking in the morning. He's started talking to his stuffed animals too. I didn't know she was sleeping in big girl underwear, way to go Addie!

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh out loud! She is SUCH a cutie!