Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Exciting news and a teeny bummer

First, the good news! I PASSED my super-scary class! WOOHOO! I think very few people realize how truly nervous I was about this (although a lucky few of you got daily emails and/or phone calls ;)), so I am so relieved! I also have to congratulate my friends who passed as well. HOORAY for us! And Marian (and Jason) - thanks for keeping me sane while I waited out those few weeks. You guys are awesome!

Now, the bummer (which is actually not really bad news): I had an "exam" today at the doctor's office and was hoping to be able to schedule an induction. My doctor had told me that if I was dilated any further from my last check (when I was one centimeter and 50% effaced), that we could schedule an induction any time after 39 weeks (next Monday, the 2nd). Unfortunately, there wasn't any change. Although I wasn't surprised, I was slightly disappointed. But of course I realize he just needs to "cook" a little bit longer and so I'm trying to keep that positive spin on it :) I'll go back in one week and hopefully things will have progressed a little bit better! At the worst, I know they won't make me go much past my due date, so we'll have another little munchkin in two weeks! YAY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING YOUR CLASS!!! WOOOHOOO! And OBVIOUS congratulations on Landon's soon arrival!

Leslie McCaskey said...

Yay! for passing your class. We are so excited about little Landon's arrival.

Sonya said...

Congrats, girl, I knew you could do it!