Monday, June 30, 2008

St. Augustine 2008

We had a great week at the beach and, truthfully, were not quite ready to come home! It was just perfect. Addie did great on the plane rides (I really think her being in the car seat helped tremendously) and was overall really good. Granted, there were a couple of times where I was trying to figure out if she had been switched at birth because really, could a kid of MINE act that terrible?! Ha ha ha. I think she's just trying to remind us that she is two, after all. ;)

Anyway, we had a great relaxing week. We spent the mornings at the beach (and I actually got a little tan - woohoo!) and then spent the afternoons in different ways: at the park, at the
Alligator Farm, and JM and I actually got to go on TWO dates (one to the movies - we do NOT recommend Indiana Jones, and one to the Conch House - a very cool restaurant with little tiki huts over the water). Thanks so much Mom & Dad for watching Addie! We love you!!!

Addie had such a great time being able to see her Mimi and PawPaw all the time, and we had a good time having them so close, too! We also got to see two of my uncles and one of my aunts which was really great. I have such a wonderful family. So, really, to sum it up, it was an AWESOME week. I am looking forward to going back (although with the bar exam next year, I'm not sure if it'll happen...but we'll figure something out!)! Again, I have to thank my mom & dad for everything this past week. We had such a good time and were so sad to see it end!

OH - a funny thing. We caught Addie singing "Twinkle, Twinkle" one day in the car. It was the cutest thing EVER! I am trying to catch it on video and I will be sure to post it as soon as I'm lucky enough :)



Silly goose.


Addie with her "subbel" (even though PawPaw tried to convince her it was a fork - hehe)
That is definitely Addie in the hole.

Some of the alligators and turtles we saw! These were the itty-bitty gators, but we saw some HUGE crocodiles!

Addie riding the tortoise


...and this would be one of, oh, about 3 naps Addie actually took last week! And her newest prized possession, her stuffed white alligator!
Addie was very proud of her "Do-wah" sunglasses and was proud to put them on. She was very upset about her tummy showing in her bathing suit, though. :) Look closely and you can see what she didn't realize would be showing instead! Hehehe.
(I know, she'll kill me when she reads this in 10 years!)

We could see the Anastasia lighthouse from our tiki table at the Conch House!!! I am slightly obsessed with this lighthouse and think it is the most beautiful in the country. I have climbed to the top twice!

The "real" view from our tiki hut table at the Conch House. I took a picture of our yacht so you could see it. Isn't it pretty?

Hehehehe...



JM re-remembered how to turn on the black & white setting on the camera so he was playing :)


I love this guy!!!!!!

2 comments:

Marian said...

Aw, cute! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. Adie has that same little green swimsuit! But of course, our girls are always fashionable - probably much more so than ourselves :)

I meant to ask you last night (thought of it on the way home), how did you manage with the car seat wheelie thing?

Rissa & Nathaniel said...

i Love you guys.
This is so cute I don't know how I never knew about this before.