Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's been a while!

I am such a slacker! We've had a good few weeks, although they've been very busy. Summer school started up, but my class seems pretty interesting. It's pretty much learning about my job, which is funny considering I've been working there for 9 months. HA!

Last week Addie and I had fun visiting with our friends Amber and Jacks! Amber and I went to college together and lived right down the hall from each other. She and Jacks were here visiting family and made some time to visit! We were so glad! We had a gourmet dinner of Chick-Fil-A (hehe) and then ended up going to the mall to let the babies play at the play place! I "borrowed" some of Amber's pictures of Jacks and Addie! Jacks is SO very cute and smart. Thanks again, guys, for playing! We can't wait to do it again. But next time, Amber, we have to get a picture of all four of us!!!

This past weekend I drove to Greenville, SC for my college best friend's bachelorette party. Although it was so much fun, I really wasn't prepared for how much I'd miss JM and Addie! I kind of felt like the first time I spent the night away from home in kindergarten. In fact, I was very proud of myself for not having to have Kendall's mommy call JM to come pick me up - HA!!! Seriously, though, it was so great to see Kendall, but I think having a baby might make you officially too old to thoroughly enjoy a bachelorette party. Oh well. ;)

On a fun note, Addie got her playset last Friday and she LOVES it! She's a little skittish of the slide, but she's fine to go down it if she sends something down first (usually, her sunglasses!). It's hilarious. She ADORES the swings though and is always saying "Higher, Mommy! Push higher, Mommy!" Wonder how long that'll take to get old? ;)

On a not so fun note, OH MY GOODNESS could the tantrums get any worse!? I lovingly call Addie "Mommy's Little Monster" now. She loves it and is pretty proud of the title :) She's a mess, but luckily, a cute one! She continues to crack me up with her sentences - especially the ones that make no sense! I love it. I'll try to get some video soon.

Also - we're going to the beach soon - YAY!



Can you believe I only took TWO pictures since my last post? What a bum!
Addie prefers the "big girl" swings, but...


we taught her that if she sits in the "baby" swing she can go much higher!

Thanks so much, Nana and Papa, for the AMAZING playset! We ALL love it.



2 comments:

Sonya said...

Helllooo, I've been wondering where you've been :-) LOVE the playset...can't wait for those days...wait, yes I can, time is totally flying by as it is and I'm not digging it so much! Keep in touch about your trip so we can figure out a way to visit! Love you!

SinlessTouch said...

wow, sounds like you had a blast at the bachelorette party of your friends at Greenville, SC. I love the playset as well!