Wednesday, April 09, 2008

23 months (a day early!)

I can't believe Addison will be 2 years old in one month. Ridiculous! She just gets cuter and smarter all the time - and also more stubborn and hard-headed. I guess I should call it "independent" to put a positive spin on it :)

Over this past month, her vocabulary has really taken off. She often speaks in short sentences now (usually about 3-4 words each) and she's definitely aware of what's hers. She's constantly saying, "Addie's _____(whatever the object is)." But in fairness, she also makes sure we know what's ours by pointing to our stuff and saying "Mommy's _____" and "Daddy's _____"! I guess she's afraid we'll forget :) She also has definite names for everyone now, even if they're not quite right. For example, Aunt Lynn and Uncle Kris are "An Nats" and "Un Cheese" - teehee. Holland is "Ha-Ha" and she loves to always ask to see him or go to "Ha-Ha's house." My parents are still Mimi and PawPaw, but John Michael's parents are now "Nana" and "Papa." Oh, and I'm officially "Mommy" - no more "Mama!"

Addie has also gotten to where she can tell us almost all of her letters by sight (the capitals, at least) and some of her numbers. She sometimes mixes up D and O and Q (they're all O's to her :)) but I'm very impressed. It is so much fun to teach her! Nothing gets past her anymore - ha ha ha.

About potty training - not so much. :) I decided last week that we were going to bite the bullet and just start, and her first 3 potty trips were successful! Then I think she got stage fright. She didn't go again the rest of the weekend. I've decided to lay off for another few weeks and give it another shot. That is one area I really don't want to rush, and I'm pretty sure she won't go to kindergarten in a diaper. At least I hope not :) But there is a funny story in that area - Lynn, Kris and Holland came over this weekend and we put both of the kiddos on their potties. Holland pee-peed every time, like a pro! I was trying not to say things like "Holland's going, you should go," but I did anyway. I guess it just came out. :( So now, whenever we ask her if she has pee-peed or pooped, she says, "No. Addie no poop. Ha-ha poop." I can't help but crack up because I think she's thinking if she puts the blame on Holland, she won't have to stop playing for a diaper change :) What a stinker.

This week it's just us girls. John Michael is out of town for TWO WEEKS to Cleveland. We miss him like CRAZY and every morning Addie asks "Daddy home?" But, we're flying up to see him this weekend because it's his birthday. We're excited!

I've got pictures to upload, but of course they're at home. More tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Marian said...

Aw, I can't believe she'll be two, either! Wow, the time does fly. It'll be Adie's birthday again before I know it.

Has Addie every been on an airplane before? We're taking Adie to Wyoming in May - and I'm a little nervous (understatement). But then again, Adie is not the most flexible and easy-going child. Let me know how it goes?