Sunday, April 15, 2012

Captain(s) Planet!

Two recent happenings from our very earth-conscious kiddos. They're teaching me every day :)

*I was making muffins for the kiddos a couple of weekends ago and had cracked the eggs. I reached over and threw the eggshells in the trash, and immediately Landon said,

"Mommy! Eggshells DO NOT go in the twash! They go in the compost!"

(Totally busted...and how did he know that? :))

*The other night I was running Addie's bath water. I usually do not stop up the tub until after I have finished washing her hair because I don't want it to get too full, but need to use the clean water to rinse. She had sat on the potty as I turned the water on and this is how the conversation went:

(Addie) "Mommy, I have to go potty."
(Me) "Okay, sweetie, that's fine."
(Addie) "Mommy, I said that I am going potty."
(Me) "I see that, honey."
(Addie) "Then why are you letting the water run? Just to waste it?"

(Ouch. :))

I must give a shout-out to John Michael who is teaching them all these great things. Their very favorite chore is to take items to the recycling bins in the garage. John Michael (or I) will call out, "RECYCLERS!" and they come running. They know which bin to put them in without even being told. So cute! The get onto their mommy frequently for slipping up and throwing the wrong things away. I'm learning!

1 comment:

Marian said...

I wish we had recycling programs. Kudos to you guys for raising your kids the right way!